About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, February 26, 2016

The Road Block of Doubt

Have you experienced so much failure you’re afraid to try again? Have you ever felt alone, wondering God cared about your dreams? Is it difficult to believe that biblical promises will really work for you? If so, you might be held back from pursuing your God-given purpose by what I call the roadblock of doubt.

Believing you can achieve a goal is vital to reaching it. The writer of Hebrews says, ‘Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is  a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). After you receive His gift of salvation, obeying God includes pursuing goals He has designed for your life. Without faith in God - and without believing He will reward those who diligently seek Him - you will fail.

Perhaps you doubt because you lack understanding that God is with you always. I encourage you to read aloud one of these passages of Scripture until you truly believe it:

Philippians 4:13”I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

Hebrews 13:5 “ I will never desert you nor will I ever forsake you.”

Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

When I experience momentary doubt, I usually get on my knees, open my Bible, and read it aloud to God, saying, “Lord, this is what You have said in Your Word. I trust You to do this in my life.”  

The Meaning of Holiness

1. Consecrate - Ex. 13:2

2. Set apart - Jer. 1:5

3. Dedicated - 1 Chron. 18:11

4. Sanctify - Jn. 17:19

5. Purify - Jas. 4:8

How to love people without approving their decisions

Every time I open the Bible, I cannot help but notice the number of times it commands to love the people around us. We’re told to love our enemies, our neighbors, our spouses and the world alike (Mark 12:31).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment