About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Prepare to meet your God.



I overthrew some of you as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire, yet you have not returned to me, declared the LORD. Therefore this is what I will do to you, Israel, and because I will do this to you, 'Prepare to meet your God'...Amen.

Because God punishes sins:

For all have sinned and fall short of glory of God - Romans 3:23

For wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord - Romans 6:23

How to be ready:

Jesus answered,  "I am the way and the truth and life. Now one comes to the Father except through me"...John 14:6

When to be ready?

For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is days of salvation... 2 Corinthians 6:2

Why to be ready?

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment"...Hebrews 9:27

Where to be ready?

Here and now.

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near"...Isaiah 55:6

As we obey to the Lord's commands, let's not judge others...

Lamb of God

It’s also a daring and original story, the story of us all—broken people who have wandered so far in the wrong direction, sunk so deep in the morass of sin, that we cannot find our way home or lift ourselves out of the pit. Someone had to enter those dark woods of our own making; someone had to descend into our self-chosen chasm; someone had to find us and rescue us—even if that meant dying in our place. 

And that is the story of Jesus, the lion who came as a lamb. Unlike the millions of sacrificed Passover lambs slaughtered throughout history, Jesus willingly gave His life “to take away the sin of the world.”

God comes to us as a lamb, as the Lamb of God, to prove that He is for us, not against us. Why would you not place your whole life in His hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment