About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Alphabet on the Holy Spirit - 5

Victory – to overcome

1 Corinthians 15:57

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:37

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Witness – to establish

Romans 8:16

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God

Well of living water

John 4:14

But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Wisdom to understanding

Proverbs 4:17

For they eat the bread of wickedness,
 And drink the wine of violence.

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
 A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
 His praise endures forever.

Yielding – to show obedience

Romans 6:13

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Zeal – to inspire

Acts 2:17-18

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
 That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
 Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
 Your young men shall see visions,
 Your old men shall dream dreams.
  And on My menservants and on My maidservants
 I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
 And they shall prophesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment