About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, April 3, 2017

Facts about the Cross – 1

Cross to be carried daily

Luke 9:23

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

The power of cross ban be emptied

1 Corinthians 1:17

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Its message is foolishness to some

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

There is an offense of the Cross

Galatians 5:11

But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed.

Each one to take up own Cross

Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Our old self was crucified

Romans 6:6

We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

The one who does not carry the Cross is not worthy of Jesus

Matthew 10:38

And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment