About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Deuteronmomy 25:19

“When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.”

This is clearly a passage old Scrooge hadn't seen! God has always set aside a provision for the poor. In this time of the year when many people world over take special time to look after those who are less fortunate, let's open our date books and schedule a week to dedicate time for special generosity in May and in August to go with a heart committed to be generous all the time. Let's not let generosity and concern for those less fortunate be a once a year thing!

Ephesians 1:17-20

“I pray ... also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know ... his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead…”

I still don't understand resurrection. I get the concept. I believe God did raise Jesus. Every once in a while, I experience that power through the Spirit's work in my life strengthening me for ministry, helping me love others in tough situations, comforting me when I'm broken, giving me insight when I study the Word, and strengthening me in the face of temptation.

I am humbled, thrilled, and left longing for more. I want others I love to experience this awesome power. I'm sure it's the same with you. So let's join together today, thousands of us all around world, and let's pray for God to empower those closest to us to discover his power and to do great things through his Spirit who lives in them.

Philemon 1:25

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.”

Have you noticed how words of blessing are in such short supply? There is something about our fallen state that makes sarcasm and ridicule easier to use than blessing. But, in God's family, words are always to be used for the benefit and blessing of others.

What simpler or kinder words do we need to use to bless others than these words Paul sent to Philemon? Let's find a way to say them ... and say them again ... and again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment