About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, June 12, 2017

When we are not honest

Satan fills lie in the heart: Acts 5:2-3

And with his wife's knowledge he kept back for himself some of the proceeds and brought only a part of it and laid it at the apostles' feet.  But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?

We test the Spirit of the Lord: Acts 5:8-9

And Peter said to her, “Tell me whether you sold the land for so much.” And she said, “Yes, for so much.”  But Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”

We deceive ourselves: 1 John 1:8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We make God a liar: 1 John 1:10

If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

We become Pharisees: Matthew 23:27-28

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.  So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

We will not be saved: 2 Thessalonians 2:10

And with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Romans 5:6-7

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.

Christ died for the ungodly. Christ died for me. Without his sacrificial death, without God's grace, I am powerless to save myself or make myself righteous. Jesus did for me what I could not do and paid off my debt to sin which I could not pay. He did it for me; not because I was good enough to be worthy of his death, but because I couldn't be worthy without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment