About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, November 24, 2017

Bitterly

Ruth 1:20

But she said to them, “Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.

2 Kings 20:3

Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

Matthew 26:75

And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.

Extend

Psalm 109:12

Let there be none to extend mercy to him,
 Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

Isaiah 66:12

For thus says the Lord:

   “Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river,
 And the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream.
 Then you shall feed;
 On her sides shall you be carried,
 And be dandled on her knees.

2 Corinthians 10:14

For we are not overextending ourselves (as though our authority did not extend to you), for it was to you that we came with the gospel of Christ;

Quote

. Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice.  I can choose to be grateful even when my emotions and feelings are still steeped in hurt and resentment.  It is amazing how many occasions present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint. - Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment