About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Significance of Submission

It is Fitting

Colossians 3:18

 Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands,  as is fitting in the Lord.

It pleads the Lord

Colossians 3:20

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

It leads further

Acts 22:10

“‘What shall I do, Lord?’ I asked.

 “‘Get up,’ the Lord said, ‘and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.’

It heals the sick

James 5:14-15

Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders  of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil  in the name of the Lord.   And the prayer offered in faith  will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

It leads to great faith

Matthew 8:9-10

For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

    When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith

Unbelievers may be won

1 Peter 3:1-2

Wives, in the same way submit yourselves  to your own husbands  so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over  without words by the behaviour of their wives,   when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

Kept under watch

Hebrew 13:17

Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment