About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

What do I have to be saved? (John 3:3)

To be saved you must turn away from sin, believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus, and receive Him as Lord and Savior of your life.

Here is the step- by – step process:

First, you must consider your life and then turn away from everything in it contrary to what  God wants. This turning away from selfishness and toward God is  called repentance (Matt. 3:7-10; Acts 3:19).

Second, you must acknowledge that Jesus Christ died on the Cross to forgive you of sin. You take Him as your Savior to cleanse you from sin – as the substitute who paid the price due for your sin (Rom. 5:9; 10; Titus 2:14).

Third, you must ask Him to be Lord of your life, acknowledging openly and verbally that Jesus is not only your Savior  but your Lord (1 John 2:23).

The Bible says, that as many received Him were given the power to become the sons of God (John 1:12). So when you open your heart and receive Him, He comes into your heart – your inner person – through His Holy Spirit, and begins to live His life in you. From the point it is your privilege and call to confess what God has done (Rom. 10:9).
Amen. 

Keys to wise living

Daniel 7:28

Wisdom is necessary to achieving one’s full spiritual potential. The spiritually  full spiritual potential. The spiritually wise man knows when and when not to speak of things he has seen and to speak of thing he has seen and heard and knows when and when not heard and knows when and when not to pursue certain spiritual experiences.

Prayers 

. Gracious God and loving Father, thank you for every good and perfect gift you have lavished upon me. Please accept the offering of my heart which I freely give to you. Soften it and make is gracious and generous like you. I commit to give you and your work in the world, my first and best. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

. Almighty God, my Father and my helper, I place my trust in you. As the Alpha and Omega, I trust you for all of my tomorrows and place my trust and dependence in you for today. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment