About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

God Commands Unity

Ephesians 4:3-6

endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

One body
One spirit
One hope
One Lord
One baptism
One faith
One God

Division – Reasons

The traditions of men bring division – Mark 7:7-9

 And in vain they worship Me,
 Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
     For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”
   He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

Different names bring about division: 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

Sectarianism Is Sin

    Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

[Message No: 6938]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment