About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, May 10, 2020

False God Disappear

The arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day, and the idols will totally disappear. — Isaiah 2:17-18

Sometimes when we get "too big for our britches," we find ourselves humbled by a natural disaster, world war, incurable disease, economic depression, or widespread social disorder. Our arrogance can be a predictor of our own impending disasters. Is there a general principle of our universe at work here? ("Pride goes before a fall.") Or is this the active discipline of God at work? I guess the answer is "Yes!" to both of these questions.

Both God and his world remind us that there is so much about our lives we can't control. This passage, however, goes beyond the general principles and it promises an ultimate day when human arrogance will be eliminated and all false gods disappear. On that day, God's children will rejoice and be glad! Until then, let's walk humbly with our God.

Promises in Matthew

. Salvation
Matthew 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,  because he will save his people from their sins.”

. Spirit Baptism
Matthew 3:11
I baptize you with water for repentance.  But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit  and fire.

Luke 3:16
John answered them all, “I baptize you with water.  But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Luke 24:49
I am going to send you what my Father has promised;  but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

John 1:33
And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water  told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’

[Message No: 7674]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment