About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Pride goes before a fall.

The arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day, and the idols will totally disappear. — Isaiah 2:17-18

Sometimes when we get "too big for our britches," we find ourselves humbled by a natural disaster, world war, incurable disease, economic depression, or widespread social disorder. Our arrogance can be a predictor of our own impending disasters. Is there a general principle of our universe at work here? ("Pride goes before a fall.") Or is this the active discipline of God at work? I guess the answer is "Yes!" to both of these questions. Both God and his world remind us that there is so much about our lives we can't control. This passage, however, goes beyond the general principles and it promises an ultimate day when human arrogance will be eliminated and all false gods disappear.

 On that day, God's children will rejoice and be glad! Until then, let's walk humbly with our God.

Be In the Moment

Mark 13:11
Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

Three Things To Believe Today

Isaiah 43:10
You are my witnesses, ” declares the Lord,
 “and my servant  whom I have chosen,
 so that you may know  and believe me
 and understand that I am he.
 Before me no god  was formed,
 nor will there be one after me.

 No Fear

1 Samuel 17:45
David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin,  but I come against you in the name  of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

[Message No: 7681]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment