About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Hunger and Thirst

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled” Matthew 5:6 (KJV )

When we receive Christ into our lives, we experience a new birth and are also indwelt by the Holy Spirit. From that point on, everything we need – including wisdom, love, power – to be men and women of God and fruitful witnesses for Christ is available to us simply by faith, by claiming this power in accordance with God’s promise.

Witnessing that Can’t Fail

“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:14

Ask the Lord to give you the right words to say. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been sharing my faith with someone–and frantically asking God to give me just the right words.  And He puts the very words in my mouth that needed to be said.

Success in witnessing is simply taking the opportunity to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit… Then, leave the results to God.  When you obey God–motivated by love–you cannot fail!

The secret of Spiritual Coherence 

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Calm and Confident

“John replied, ‘No one can receive anything unless it is given from heaven. You yourselves can testify that I said that I’m not the Christ but that I’m the one sent before him. The groom is the one who is getting married. The friend of the groom stands close by and, when he hears him, is overjoyed at the groom’s voice. Therefore, my joy is now complete. He must increase and I must decrease.” John 3:27-30

Calm and confidence will invade your life when you understand that God is in control, even when the circumstances do not seem to be lining up the way you want. When you intentionally commit to honoring Christ in all circumstances, a profound joy will follow. Are you willing to release control and trust God to be Lord over all? Can you be content to honor Christ and give Him greater reach into your life and circumstances?

[Message No: 7689]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment