About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Discipline brings Blessings

And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you... — Hebrews 12:5

When I was young, I always acted as if I hated discipline. It was part of the game. Now that I am older, I am so thankful that my parents loved me enough to discipline me strongly, to guide me lovingly, and encourage me repeatedly. This "discipline and training of God" has given me so many blessings. Now if I can just learn to recognize and appreciate the Lord's discipline in my life the same way! The lack of love is not hate, but indifference. 

The opposite of concern is an unwillingness to discipline. Thank God that he loves us and knows us enough to be involved in our lives and discipline us in the direction of heaven

Deception

Romans 7:11

For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment,  deceived me,  and through the commandment put me to death.

2 Timothy 3:13

while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse,  deceiving and being deceived.

2 Thessalonians 2:10

For this reason God sends them  a powerful delusion  so that they will believe the lie

Early will I seek you

Psalm 63:1

You, God, are my God,

 earnestly I seek you;

 I thirst for you, 

 my whole being longs for you,

 in a dry and parched land

 where there is no water.

In all things

Colossians 1:17-18

He is before all things,  and in him all things hold together.   And he is the head  of the body, the church;  he is the beginning and the firstborn  from among the dead,  so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

[Message No: 7994]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment