About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

“DO NOT’S” for Christian Workers

Do not exalt self above the sinner. (1 Corinthians 9: 19-23)

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became I like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel that I may share in its blessings.

Do not raise unnecessary objections; sinners will do this. (2 Timothy 2:15)

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Do not overwork the personal pronoun “I”—exalt Christ. (John 16: 13-16)

But when he, will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.

Do not hurry over any scripture; emphasize what is needful (2 Corinthians 13:1)

This will be my third visit to you. “Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Do not insist on going to an altar or any special place of prayer; insist on an immediate surrender. (2 Corinthians 6:2)

For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment