About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Give, that it may be given unto you … Luke 6:38

By Oral Roberts

One of the many key Scriptures Jesus gives us for this principle of Seed Faith is found in Acts 20:35. He declared, it is more blessed to give than to receive.

I used to wonder what Jesus meant by that Scripture. It seemed to so contrary to real life. To me it seemed more blessed to receive than it was to give. But one day the Lord revealed to me the word “productive.”

I realized He was saying, “It’s more productive to give than to receive.” Then God gave me a revelation as to why it is more productive.

In Jesus’ feeding of the five thousand, there was no way the boy who gave his lunch of five small loaves and two fishes to Jesus could ever have conceived of how the Lord would multiply it and feed so large a crowd of hungry men, besides women and children! (See John 6:1-13.) The small seed-lunch became Seed-Faith when it was given to the Lord. He blessed it and multiplied it, and twelve baskets were filled with the leftovers!

Jesus multiplied not only the boy’s material supply but also his faith. I certainly would think that from that moment on the young boy could remember that his faith was like a seed, and when he used it, it would grow bigger and multiply when Jesus came on the scene!

I cannot estimate the number of times I’ve recalled the giving of my $55 weekly salary and learning through my friend Art Newfield that it wasn’t just money I gave but a seed I sowed. From that one experience, I changed the way I looked at my tithing to God—

                        Not as a debt I owed,
                        But as a seed I sowed.

Using this key of Seed-Faith from that day forward lifted my thinking and believing that as I sowed I’d reap, as I gave I’d receive, and that every successful thing I accomplished started with a seed sown first. The same was true for multiplied thousands of people when the Seed-Faith revelation came to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment