About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, October 25, 2010

"Praying from the Heart"

                                                             By Dr. Billy Hamm
Lord of reality make me real,
not plastic, synthetic, pretend phony,
an actor playing out his part, hypocrite.
I don't want to keep a prayer list
but to pray.
Nor agonize to find Your will
but to obey what I already know,
I don't want to argue theories of inspiration
but submit to Your Word.
I don't want to explain the difference of eros, phileo and agape
but to love.
I don't want to sing as if I mean it
I want to mean it.
I don't want to tell it like it is
but to be like You want it.
I don't want to think another needs me
but I need him else I'm not complete.
I don't want to tell others how to do it
but to do it.
I don't want to have to be always right
but to admit it when I'm wrong.
I don't want to be a census taker
but an obstetrician.
Nor an involved person, a professional,
but a friend.
I don't want to be insensitive
but to hurt where other people hurt,
Nor to say, "I know how you feel"
but to say, "God knows," and
"I'll try if you'll be patient with me,"
and meanwhile I'll be quiet.
I don't want to scorn the clichés of others
but to mean everything I say -- including this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment