About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tell God You Love Him by Talking to Him


By Rick Warren

"I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!" (Psalm 116:1-2 NLT).

One way to worship God is to talk to Him.

When you really love somebody you don't just want to spend time with that person, you want to talk with him or her, also. Think about two teenagers falling in love; they're on the phone all the time.

They talk and talk and talk. They're getting to know each other. That's how you get to know someone—through communication. If your spouse never, ever talks to you, you have every reason to start wondering, "Do they love me?"

And that's why we show God we love Him when we talk to Him. What do you talk to God about during this kind of worship? Anything that you'd talk to your best friend about: your hopes, your fears, your dreams, your anxieties, the things you're proud of, the things you're ashamed of, your goals, your ambitions, your hurts, your cares, every part of your life. You come to God and you talk to God about anything and everything.

The Bible says, "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!" (Psalm 116:1-2 NLT). If you don't feel close to God, there's a simple remedy for that: start talking to Him! He has invited you to talk with Him; He wants to talk with you. Prayer is not some duty that you have to do. It's a privilege that you get to do. You get to talk to the Creator of the universe.

You may be saying, "I'd like to have more prayer time with God. I'd like to talk to God. I just don't have the time." Then you're too busy. You'll never have the time; you must make the time to pray. If your Christian life has become routine, dull, and joyless, then take that to God and talk to Him.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment