About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

10 Persons That Kept Secrets


In Scripture, 248 times men told others certain things, but only the following kept secrets. (Only one woman, one angel but 8 men kept secrets).

Saul kept the secret of the kingdom he learned from Samuel:

1 Samuel 10:16

 And Saul said unto his uncle, He told us plainly that the asses were found. But of the matter of the kingdom, whereof Samuel spoke, he told him not.

Jonathan told not his father about going to the garrison:

1 Samuel 14:1 

Now it came to pass upon a day, that Jonathan the son of Saul said unto the young man that bare his amour, Come, and let us go over to the Philistines' garrison, that is on the other side.
 But he told not his father.

Abigail told not her husband what she had done:

1 Samuel 25:19 

And she said unto her servants, Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she told not her husband Nabal.

1 Samuel 25:36 

And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light.

Nehemiah told no man what God put in his heart to do at Jerusalem:

Nehemiah 2:12 

And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.

Peter, James and John kept the secret of the transfiguration:

Luke 9:36 

And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment