About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bible Passages on Depending on God to Live a Victorious, Overcoming Life


Deuteronomy 1:21

 See, the LORD your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the LORD, the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Deuteronomy 20:4

For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

Psalm 44:6-8

I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Mark 14:38

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

Luke 10:19

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Luke 22:40

On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation."

Luke 22:46

"Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:35.37

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ....No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment