About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Examples of Prostrations


Disciples

Matthew 17:6

When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.

The guard

Matthew 28:4

The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

Paul

Acts 9:4

He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

Peter

Acts 10:10-16

10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared,

 he fell into a trance.

11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four 

corners.

12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air.

13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

John

Revelation 1:17

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Revelation 19:10

At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Revelation 22:8

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me.

Evangelism:

"He that leaves off prayer leaves off the fear of God. ‘You cast off fear, and restrain prayer before God ‘ (Job 15: 4). A man that leaves off prayer is capable of any wickedness. When Saul had given up inquiring of God he went to the witch of Endor" - Thomas Watson






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment