About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Servant (Minister)

A servant is one who serves another and does His will:

Servant at feet

John 2:5

His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

The Israelites were servants of Jehovah

Isaiah 41:8

“But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend,

Isaiah 43:10

“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

The prophets of God were his servants

2 Kings 7:19

The officer had said to the man of God, “Look, even if the LORD should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?” The man of God had replied, “You will see it with your own eyes, but you will not eat any of it!”

2 Kings 21:10

The LORD said through his servants the prophets:

Jeremiah 29:19

For they have not listened to my words,” declares the LORD, “words that I sent to them again and again by my servants the prophets. And you exiles have not listened either,” declares the LORD.

Ministers (Servants) of the New Covenant

2 Corinthians 3:6

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Servants of righteousness

2 Corinthians 11:15

It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Servants of the Gospel

Ephesians 3:7

I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power.

Colossians 1:23

If you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Servants of Satan

2 Corinthians 11:14-15

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment