About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, August 19, 2013

The love of men towards God

It must exceed love for everything else:

Matthew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

It is the first and great commandment:

Matthew 22:37-39

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

It comes from thankfulness:

Luke 7:42

Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

Luke 7:47

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.”

It is obedient:

John 14:15

“If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:21

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

John 14:24

He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

1 John 2:5

But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him

It is conformed through helping others:

1 John 4:12

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 3:14

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment