About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Double Calling Names

Abraham, Abraham

Genesis 22:11

But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.

Jacob, Jacob

Genesis 46:2

And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, “Jacob! Jacob!” “Here I am,” he replied.

Moses, Moses

Exodus 3:4

When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.”

Samuel, Samuel

1 Samuel 3:10

The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

Lord, Lord

Matthew 7:21-22

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’

Jerusalem, Jerusalem,

Matthew 23:27

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

My God, My God

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?”—which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Martha, Martha

Luke 10:41

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,

Simon, Simon

Luke 22:31

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat.

Saul, Saul

Acts 9:4

He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment