About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Encouragement and God’s Promises



Encouragement and God’s Promises

1 Chronicles 29:12 

Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.

Psalms 89:20-21 

20 I have found David my servant; with my sacred oil I have anointed him.

21 My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him.

Isaiah 41:10 

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Daily Thoughts

. Be slow to judge others and quick to judge yourself.

. Resolutions are easier to keep when you rely on God.

. If you’re impressed with yourself, take a closer look at God’s awesomeness.

. God’s strength is best seen in our weakness.

James 5:16  

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Thoughts on This Verse....

To confess our sins means we do two things with our sin: 1) we recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes and 2) we get rid of our secrets and are honest with another Christian about our weakness, vulnerabilities, failures, and sins. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness, it also brings healing.

Faith Quotes

Norman Vincent Peale – “Frequently remind yourself that God is with you, that He will never fail you, that you can count upon him.  Say these words, “God is with me, helping me.”

James E. Faust – “Believing requires action.”

Martin Luther - “Faith is permitting ourselves to be seized by the things that we do not see.”

Robert Louis Stevenson – “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment