About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Power of Prayer

Matthew 26:36 

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”

1 Thessalonians 5:17-20 

17 pray continually; 

18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 

20 do not treat prophecies with contempt.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 

8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

John 4:1 -7

1 The Pharisees heard that Jesus was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John, 

2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 

3 When the Lord learned of this, he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 

5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 

6 Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”

Matthew 21:1 

As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples,

Psalms 23:4 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalms 50:15 

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

Mat 21:6

Matthew 21:6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment