About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

We’re going to see the King

Matthew 2:1  After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2  and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.”

The opportunity to testify en route

The establishment of a fact (the king has come)

The creation of hope (it is possible to see the king)

A Woman with a Heart of Love

Esther 4:16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”

A heart of love is a holy heart

A heart of love is a sacrificial heart

A heart of love is a faithful heart

God Claims His Son

Matthew 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

God claimed his Son for three reasons:

To acknowledge that the pain for salvation was now operative

To give to Jesus confirmation of his divine-human nature

To highlight the right relationship between father and son

Trusting God in Difficult Times

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.
A recognition that God puts us to the test

A continuing faith in adversities

A pledge to remain faithful until the end





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment