About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, January 30, 2015

Receiving Rest

 Mark 2:27  

Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Matthew 11:28-30  

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Luke 10:42  

But only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Reflecting Jesus  

2 Corinthians 3:18  

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Remember Them 

Hebrews 11:36-40  

36 Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 

37 They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 

38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 

40 God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Remember What Jesus Said  

Luke 24:6  

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:

Rescued 

Exodus 3:7-8 

7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 

8  So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment