About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

About Jesus, the Good Shepherd

Psalms 23:1-3  

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want.

2  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

John 10:11  

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:14  

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—

Hebrews 13:20-21  

20 May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 

21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

About Jesus, our Burden-Bearer

Psalms 55:22  

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10  

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 

10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Peter 4:1-2  

1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. 

2 As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment