About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Seeking God- God’s search for man.

Forsaking God:

1.  How is man seen to be forsaking God?

1 Samuel 8:8  

As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you.

2 How man forsakes God?

1 By forsaking the law of God:

Psalms 89:30  

“If his sons forsake my law and do not follow my statutes,

2. By failure to walk in the law of the Lord:

2 Kings 10:31  

Yet Jehu was not careful to keep the law of the LORD, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He did not turn away from the sins of Jeroboam, which he had caused Israel to commit.

3.  By casting away God’s law:

Isaiah 5:24  

Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

4. By despising the law of the Lord:

Amos 2:4  

This is what the LORD says: “For three sins of Judah, even for four, I will not turn back my wrath. Because they have rejected the law of the LORD and have not kept his decrees, because they have been led astray by false gods, the gods their ancestors followed,

5. By forgetting the law of the Lord:

Proverbs 3:1  

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,

6. By not fearing the law of the Lord:

Jeremiah 44:10  

To this day they have not humbled themselves or shown reverence, nor have they followed my law and the decrees I set before you and your fathers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment