About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Love – What Bible says? -1

1. Deuteronomy 5:9-10

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents  to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,    but showing love to a thousand  generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

2. Deuteronomy 7:7-8

The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous  than other peoples, for you were the fewest  of all peoples.    But it was because the Lord loved  you and kept the oath he swore  to your ancestors that he brought you out with a mighty hand  and redeemed  you from the land of slavery,  from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

3. Deuteronomy 23:5

However, the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse  into a blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves  you.  

4. Deuteronomy 30:6

The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants,  so that you may love  him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

5. Psalm 18:1

I love you, Lord, my strength.

6. Psalm 116:1

I love the Lord,  for he heard my voice;
 he heard my cry  for mercy.

7. Song of Solomon 2:4

Let him lead me to the banquet hall,
 and let his banner  over me be love.

8. Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Place me like a seal over your heart,
 like a seal on your arm;
 for love  is as strong as death,
 its jealousy  unyielding as the grave.
 It burns like blazing fire,
 like a mighty flame.
    Many waters cannot quench love;
 rivers cannot sweep it away.
 If one were to give
 all the wealth of one’s house for love,
 it would be utterly scorned.

9. Song of Solomon 3:1-2

All night long on my bed
 I looked  for the one my heart loves;
 I looked for him but did not find him.
    I will get up now and go about the city,
 through its streets and squares;
 I will search for the one my heart loves.
 So I looked for him but did not find him.

10. Isaiah 63:7

I will tell of the kindnesses  of the Lord,
 the deeds for which he is to be praised,
 according to all the Lord has done for us—
 yes, the many good things
 he has done for Israel,
 according to his compassion  and many kindnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment