About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Marks of Backsliding

Living the world

2 Timothy 4:10

for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.

Hardening of heart

Hebrews 3:8

Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,
Jealous eye

1 Samuel 18:2

Saul took him that day, and would not let him go home to his father's house anymore.

1 Samuel 18:9

So Saul eyed David from that day forward.

Forsaking love

Revelation 2:4

Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.

Getting offended

John 6:61

When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you?

John 6:66

From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

Prayer

. Father, thank you for giving me new life in Jesus. I am truly thankful that my guilt is covered by your grace. I ask for the power to live my life of freedom from sin. Forgive me for my times of mediocrity and flirtation with sin. Give me a strong sense of revulsion toward anything that would pollute my soul or distract my heart from your will. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
[Message No: 5915]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment