About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Ways to Repentance - 1

Hearing God’s Word

1 Kings 21:27

So it was, when Ahab heard those words, that he tore his clothes and put sackcloth on his body, and fasted and lay in sackcloth, and went about mourning.

Despising Self

Job 42:6

Therefore I abhor myself,
 And repent in dust and ashes.”

Admitting Sin

Luke 15:18

I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you,

Realizing Unworthiness

Luke 15:18-20

I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’
   “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him

Confessing Sin

Daniel 9:3-4

Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,

The revelation of Sin

Isaiah 6:5-7

So I said:

   “Woe is me, for I am undone!
 Because I am a man of unclean lips,
 And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
 For my eyes have seen the King,
 The Lord of hosts.”

       Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said:
   “Behold, this has touched your lips;
 Your iniquity is taken away,
 And your sin purged.”

[Message No: 5908]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment