About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Every ‘Though’ has it’s ‘Yet’ - 2

. Man’s eternal existence

John 5:28-29

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming  when all who are in their graves will hear his voice   and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Revelation 20:12 

And I saw the dead, great and small,  standing before the throne, and books were opened.  Another book was opened, which is the book of life.  The dead were judged  according to what they had done  as recorded in the books.

Thoughts   

. We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God. - C. S. Lewis

. Satan fails to speak of the remorse, the futility, the loneliness, and the spiritual devastation which go hand in hand with immorality. - Billy Graham

. I ask Him daily and often momently to give me wisdom, understanding and bodily strength to do His will, hence I am asking and receiving all the time.

-George Washington Carver

. Satan pushes and condemns.  God draws and encourages, and with time and experience we learn the difference. - Richard Foster

Questions in Prayer 

. Does He ever answer differently than we expect? – 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

The Thorn in the Flesh

    And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

[Message No: 7825]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment