About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quotes

Evangelism:

"There is nothing that makes us love a man so much as praying for him." - William Law

Humility and Inferiority

2 Corinthians 11:5; 12:11

Having "humility of mind" is really an attitude, isn't it? It's a preset mentality that determines ahead of time thoughts like this:

"I care about those around me."

"Why do I always have to be first? I'm going to help someone else win for a change."

"Today, it's my sincere desire to curb my own fierce competitive tendencies and turn that energy into encouraging at least one other person."

"I willingly release my way this day. Lord, show me how You would respond to others, then make it happen in me."

Quotes

* It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it. ~W. Somerset Maugham

* He who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love. ~Saint Basil

John Wesley Quotes

"I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out."

Prayer Quotes

 “Prayer requires more of the heart than the tongue.”  - Adam Clarke

 “Prayer is not an exercise. It is the life of the saint.”  - Adam Clarke

“Prayer does not equip us for the greater work, Prayer is the greater work.” - Oswald Chambers






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment