About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quotes

A winner is big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them. - John Maxwell

•          You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. - Joe Sabah

•          Regardless of your lot in life, you can build something beautiful on it.~Zig Ziglar

•          Decision is the spark that ignites action. Until a decision is made nothing happens. - Wilfred A. Peterson

•          You might not be what you say you are, but what you say, you are. - Zig Ziglar

•          When I was young I observed that nine out of every ten things I did were failures, so I did ten times more work. George - Bernard Shaw

•          If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. - Cavett Robert

•          Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people. - Barbara Bush

•          What I hear I forget. What I see I remember. What I do, I know. - Chinese Proverb

•          I bring you the gift of these four words: I believe in you.~Blaise Pascal

•          The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.~Vince Lombardi

Obedience

The Bible recognizes no faith that does not lead to obedience, nor does it recognize any obedience that does not spring from faith. The two are at opposite sides of the same coin.   A.W. Tozer

The man with a cross no longer controls his destiny; he lost control when he picked up his cross. That cross immediately became to him an all-absorbing interest, an overwhelming interference. No matter what he may desire to do, there is but one thing he can do; that is, move on toward the place of crucifixion. A.W. Tozer

Worship

Renewed energy and a refreshed attitude are among the many benefits we may derive from personal worship, but rather than being based on what we can get from God, our motivation for worship must always be based on a desire to give to Him. As I honour Him with my gift of worship, my desires for myself begin to line up with His desires for me, and then He is pleased to grant them.   Claire Cloninger

Just as worship begins in holy expectancy, it ends in holy obedience. If worship does not propel us into greater obedience, it has not been worship. Richard J. Foster



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment