About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Tremble at His Word.

Tremble at God’s Word.

Isaiah 66:2

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being? Declared the LORD. “This is the one I esteems: he who is humbled and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.

Respect  what God says and fear to disobey it.

Psalms 119:120

My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws.

The Jews experienced this when Ezra exposed their sins.

Ezra 9:4

Then everyone who trembled at the words of the God of Israel gathered around me because of this unfaithfulness of the exiles. And I sat there appalled until the evening sacrifice.

The prophet Habakkuk experienced it when he saw the vision of God’s judgment.

Habakkuk 3:16

I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.

Paul urged, “Work out your own salvation (Christian life) with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:12

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence –continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment