About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Why Praise?

1. Great is the Lord

Psalm 48:1

Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.

2. Worthy is the Lamb – “Worthy is the

Revelation 5:12

In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”

3. For His Words

Psalm 56:4

In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

4. Acts of power

Psalm 150:2

Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.

5. We have breath

Psalm 150:6

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

6. It pleases Him

Psalm 69:30-31

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

This will please the Lord more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hooves.

7. For giving wisdom

Daniel 2:23

I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:

You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment