About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, May 21, 2018

A New Name

Revelation 2:17

Whoever has ears, let them hear  what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious,  I will give some of the hidden manna.  I will also give that person a white stone with a new name  written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

Isaiah 56:5

to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial  and a name
 better than sons and daughters;  I will give them an everlasting name  that will endure forever.

Isaiah 62:2

The nations  will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.

Isaiah 65:15

You will leave your name for my chosen ones to use in their curses;  the Sovereign Lord will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

Revelation 3:12

The one who is victorious  I will make a pillar  in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God  and the name of the city of my God,  the new Jerusalem,  which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Galatians 6:2

“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”

This is just another way of saying, "Love your neighbor as yourself!" Jesus came to bear our burdens and carry away the stain and pain of our sin. (Read Isaiah 53 for a powerful description of God's Suffering Servant, a passage quoted in the New Testament in reference to Jesus.) He now asks us to live redemptively, in practical ways, toward those around us. More than just praying, or asking what we can do to help, we are called to serve, minister, and assist others who are burdened.

[Message No: 6319]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment