About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, May 7, 2018

Examples of Obedience - 3

Examples of Obedience - 3

Jesus

Hebrews 3:2

He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.

Disciples

John 17:6

I have revealed you  to those whom you gave me  out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Paul

Acts 23:1-2

Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin  and said, “My brothers,  I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience  to this day.”   At this the high priest Ananias  ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth.

2 Timothy 1:3

I thank God,  whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience,  as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

Stand still


Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord" (Exod. 14:13).

These words contain God's command to the believer when he is reduced to great straits and brought into extraordinary difficulties. He cannot retreat; he cannot go forward; he is shut upon the right hand and on the left. What is he now to do?

The Master's word to him is "stand still." It will be well for him if, at such times, he listens only to his Master's word, for other and evil advisers come with their suggestions. Despair whispers, "Lie down and die; give it all up." But God would have us put on a cheerful courage, and even in our worst times, rejoice in His love and faithfulness.

Heralds of Christ

Lord, give us faith and strength the road to build,
To see the promise of the day fulfilled,
When war shall be no more, and strife shall cease
Upon the highway of the Prince of Peace.

Amen.

[Message No: 6292]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment