About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, May 14, 2018

Examples of plans being established

Jacob -

Genesis 32:24-30

So Jacob was left alone,  and a man  wrestled with him till daybreak.   When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip  so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.   Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”

 But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

    The man asked him, “What is your name?”

 “Jacob,”  he answered.

    Then the man said, “Your name  will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,  because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

    Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”

 But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?”  Then he blessed  him there.

    So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face,  and yet my life was spared.”

Genesis 46:16

The sons of Gad:

 Zephon,  Haggi, Shuni, Ezbon, Eri, Arodi and Areli.

David -

1 Samuel 17:45

Esther –

David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin,  but I come against you in the name  of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

Esther 4:14-17

For if you remain silent  at this time, relief  and deliverance  for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

    Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:   “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast  for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
    So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther’s instructions.

Daniel -

Daniel 6:10

Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward  Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees  and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Ezra -

Read: Ezra 8:21-32

[Message No: 6305]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment