About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, May 16, 2019

God's Power for Our Battles

So we have been greatly encouraged in the midst of our troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives us new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. -1 Thessalonians 3:7-8

Lord, I have lived so selfishly and self-centred, and when I live like that, it's easy to end up in my own pity-party, sad and depressed. Thank You for reminding me through this verse that I should be focused on serving and helping and praying for others, and that when I do this, Lord, it gives me the strength I need to endure my own problems and pains. Help me to set the right example in this area in the future. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

What Is Separation?

Distinguish

Exodus 33:16
For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.”

Not Associating

Joshua 23:7
and lest you go among these nations, these who remain among you. You shall not make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause anyone to swear by them; you shall not serve them nor bow down to them,

Response to His Love

Psalm 98:1

“Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.”

Songs can stir us up or they can bring us comfort. Songs can take us back to a special time, or songs can give us hope for things to come. Unfortunately, we usually leave the words and the music of our songs only for someone else to write, never taking time to write our own "new song."
But today, why not make up your own new song of praise and thanks to God. It doesn't have to be great, just heartfelt and offered to the Father from whom all joyful songs come.

[Message No: 7004]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment