About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Our Reaction to Sin – Hebrews 12:4

Resist to Bloodshed – Hebrews 12:4
You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Put to Death – Romans 8:13
For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Repent and Pray – Acts 8:22
Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

Should purify From – James 4:8
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The Bread of Life

John 6: 35-40
The Bible records several statements made by Jesus referring to Himself as the I Am. This was actually one word spoken in the Greek language – eimi, which is simply I AM. It was also translated “it is I” in some passages. John 4:26 – Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. John 6:20 – But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. John 8:24 – I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:28 – Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. John 8:58 – Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus referred to Himself in these passages by using the Old Testament name for God. Exodus 3:14 – And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. John’s gospel records the majority of the I Am statements of Jesus.

Thoughts 

. Jesus was crucified not in a cathedral between two candles, but on a cross between two thieves. - George F. MacLeod

. The return of Easter should be to the Christian life the call of a trumpet.  It is the news of a great victory.  It is the solution of a great perplexity.  It is the assurance of a great triumph. - Frederick Temple

[Message No: 6986]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment