About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, May 24, 2019

Things Men Can Do - 16

Become reprobate without Christ in them

1 Corinthians 9:27 
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

2 Corinthians 13:5 
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Backslide to the point of despising and abhorring God

Leviticus 26:15-16 
15 And if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant,

16 then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.

Walk contrary to God

Leviticus 26:21 
“‘If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve.

Leviticus 26:23-24 
23 “‘If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me,
24  I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over.

Thoughts 

. Too often we attempt to work for God to the limit of our incompetency, rather than to the limit of God’s omni potency. - J. Hudson Taylor

. Jesus is happy to come with us, as truth is happy to be spoken, as life to be lived, as light to be lit, as love is to be loved, as joy to be given, as peace to be spread. - Francis of Assisi

[Message No: 7022]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment