About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Examples of Loving Enemies


God

Matthew 5:44  

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luke 6:35  

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Romans 5:8  

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Abraham

Genesis 20:14-18 

14 Then Abimelech brought sheep and cattle and male and female slaves and gave them to Abraham, and he returned Sarah his wife to him.

15 And Abimelech said, “My land is before you; live wherever you like.”

16 To Sarah he said, “I am giving your brother a thousand shekels of silver. This is to cover the offense against you before all who are with you; you are completely vindicated.”

17 Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife and his slave girls so they could have children again,

18 for the LORD had closed up every womb in Abimelech's household because of Abraham's wife Sarah.

David

1 Samuel 24:17

 “You are more righteous than I,” he said. “You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly
.
Psalms 35:12-14  

12 They repay me evil for good and leave my soul forlorn.

13 Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting. When my prayers returned to me unanswered,

14 I went about mourning as though for my friend or brother. I bowed my head in grief as though weeping for my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment