About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

In respect of speech


A Word

James 3:2  

We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.

Saying

Matthew 19:22  

When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Discourse

2 Corinthians 10:10  

For some say, “His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing.”

Doctrine

1 Timothy 6:3  

If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,

2 Timothy 1:3  

I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

Narrative

Acts 1:1 

In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach

Report

John 21:23  

Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

Discussion by which the inward thought is expressed

Hebrews 4:2

For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment