About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things Unconffessed Sin Do…Part 1


Cause death

Genesis 2:17  

But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

Ezekiel 33:8-13  

8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

9 But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.

10 “Son of man, say to the house of Israel, ‘this is what you are saying: “Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live?”’

11 Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?’

12  “Therefore, son of man, say to your countrymen, ‘The righteousness of the righteous man will not save him when he disobeys, and the wickedness of the wicked man will not cause him to fall when he turns from it. The righteous man, if he sins, will not be allowed to live because of his former righteousness.’

Romans 8:12-13  

12 Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.

13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,

Hinder Prayers

Psalms 66:18  

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;

Provoke God to anger

1 Kings 16:2 

“I lifted you up from the dust and made you leader of my people Israel, but you walked in the ways of Jeroboam and caused my people Israel to sin and to provoke me to anger by their sins.

Weary God

Isaiah 43:24  

You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me, or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened me with your sins and wearied me with your offenses.

Make servants of sin

John 8:34  

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

Bring reproach

Proverbs 14:34  

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment