About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Praying Father


 “Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me”…Psalm 143:1

A minister concluded his sermon one Sunday by saying. “If there’s someone here who wants help in getting to know God, and you would like me to pray for you, please raise your hand.” A young man stood up and said “please pray for me, sir. The burden of my sin is too heavy to bear.”

After the service the minister talked with the man and let him had been wandering around the country for 8 years without contacting his parents, so he decided to write to them and tell them about the change in his life.

Several days later, a reply came from his mother: “My dear son, you must have accepted Jesus Christ at the same hour your father went home to heaven. He had been sick for a long time, and that day he was very restless. He tossed from side to side on his bed, crying out, “Lord, please save my poor, wandering boy.’ I’m sure that one of the reasons you became a Christian was Dad’s unceasing intercession.”

A praying father will “ask,” “seek,” and “knock” in behalf of his children, persistently trusting his wise heavenly Father to do what is best (Matthew 7:7-11).

Let’s thank God today for faithful fathers who never stop praying for their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment