About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Kinds of hearts in the Bible


Trembling

Deuteronomy 28:65 

Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the LORD will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart.

Isaiah 66:2 

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the LORD. “This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.

Obstinate

Deuteronomy 2:30

  But Sihon king of Heshbon refused to let us pass through. For the LORD your God had made his spirit stubborn and his heart obstinate in order to give him into your hands, as he has now done.

Broken

Psalms 34:18

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalms 51:17

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Psalms 69:20

Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.

Grieved

Genesis 6:6 

The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.

Psalms 73:21-22

21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, 22 I was senseless and ignorant; was a brute beast before you.     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment