About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Attitude to approach the unknown


(Lesson to learn from Joshua and Caleb)

The Spirit of Positive thinking

Numbers 1:31 

The number from the tribe of Zebulun was 57,400.

The Spirit of trusting

Numbers 13:28-29 

28 But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there. 

29 The Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.”

Numbers 13:31 

But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”

Numbers 14:11 

The LORD said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them?

The Spirit of Contentment

Numbers 14:2-4 

2 All the Israelites grumbled against Moses and Aaron, and the whole assembly said to them, “If only we had died in Egypt! Or in this desert! 

3 Why is the LORD bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn't it be better for us to go back to Egypt?” 

4 And they said to each other, “We should choose a leader and go back to Egypt.”

Numbers 14:22-23 

22 not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times— 

23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment